At Women’s Health Care, PC, our certified sonographers use ultrasound to help detect potential OB/GYN problems, confirm your due date, monitor your baby’s health throughout your pregnancy, and perform minimally invasive gynecological procedures. Our Department is accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, features the latest technology, and when possible, may be able to offer 3D/4D views of your baby.
During Your Obstetric Ultrasound
Ultrasound is usually a painless procedure that does not require the use of radiation. The exam process typically takes 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the exam.
In an effort to enhance your experience, reduce distractions, and provide you with the best possible care, we ask that all patients and their guests review the following guidelines for ultrasound procedures:
- We ask that you limit the number of adult visitors in the exam room to no more than three.
- The presence of unsupervised children during a medical procedure is discouraged. If a child does come with you to an ultrasound exam, please have another adult to supervise.
- Please silence all electronic devices prior to your examination. Camera use is not permitted in the examination room.
- Please help us keep the noise level within the examination area to a respectful level.
We are hopeful that these guidelines will contribute positively to your care and your experience.
After Your Obstetric Ultrasound
Aside from providing you with the best possible diagnostic examination, we are dedicated to making your experience an enjoyable and memorable event.
We’re happy to:
- Provide you with pictures of your baby
- Record a few minutes of your exam on DVD-R if requested
- Attempt to determine your baby’s gender, if you want to know